Qualys (ssl labs) results question

mex nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Oct 20 06:15:59 UTC 2014

hello,

>      Session resumption (caching)    No (IDs assigned but not
> accepted)
>      Session resumption (tickets)    No   INTOLERANT
>
> Should I change my config to alter these two results (for performance
> OR
> security)?  If so, can anyone identify what config options I should
> add/change?

ssl_session_cache might be useful, please read:
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/configuring_https_servers.html#optimization

> Also, is there a way to force the "Server hostname" to be a specific
> FQDN (that we use for this server and website)?

i think you'd need to configure reverse-dns for your site's name to point
to that server's ip, and you must use A-records, not CNAMES; if this
sounds uncommon to you ask your hosting-provider, they should be able to
answer
your questions.

cheers,

mex