VHost Guidance

JACK LINKERS jacklinkers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:10:25 UTC 2015

Hi, I'm not sure what you did, but nginx.conf file, is only used to
configure the http server, not vhosts.

There is 2 ways to setup vhosts (called server blocs in NginX) :

A. Use the default config file (usually located @
/etc/nginx/sites-available/default) and add all your vhosts there. The
default file is self explanatory

B. You can use a different file for every server bloc (vhost) by making a
copy of the default file :
/etc/nginx/sites-available/vhost1.tld
/etc/nginx/sites-available/vhos2.tld

I think the conflict you are facing is due to default config file, delete
the symbolic link found in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ folder.

Hope this helps

Some interesting readings when starting with NginX :
http://nginx.org/en/docs/beginners_guide.html
http://blog.martinfjordvald.com/2010/07/nginx-primer/