mistserver features in nginx

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 17:08:08 UTC 2015

On 12/20/15, Valentin V. Bartenev <vbart at nginx.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 20 December 2015 10:44:03 Zenny wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just reading the following two documents and the first link refers to
>> the some of the nginx features.
>>
>> https://mistserver.org/comparison
>> https://mistserver.org/guides/ProFeatures_2.4.pdf
>>
>> But there are stuffs which I think are incorrect like recording option
>> which nginx_rtmp module already has
>> (https://github.com/arut/nginx-rtmp-module/wiki/Directives#record) but
>> the first document states it does not have!
>>
>> Can you add more to this thread which the first document claims "does
>> not have in nginx", but otherwise?
>>
> [..]
>
> It's worth to add nginx plus to the comparison, since it has enchantments
> in this area.
>
> See:
>
>   http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_f4f_module.html
>   http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_hls_module.html
>   http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_mp4_module.html#mp4_limit_rate

Thanks Valentin. It would be nicer if you can specify which feature of
the mistserver (in the mistserver comparison list) are replaced by
above.

Expecting more inputs flowing in!

> There is also nginx plus package with the RTMP module:
>    https://www.nginx.com/products/technical-specs/ (check the "NGINX Plus
> Extras Package" at the bottom of the page)

Binaries are not something people may be interested in this list, I
guess. However, free flow of information is always good. ;-)

Spacibo!