How to send a REST request to another node if the service on the current node is not available?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Jun 1 13:42:08 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 02:25:49AM -0400, Lu, Boying wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> We setup a cluster of three nodes and running ngix on each node
> to load balance.
>
> I found that if a REST service is unavailable on current node,
> the corresponding REST request sending to this node
> will return the service unavailable response to the client.  Is
> there a way (e.g. configuration parameter) to let ngix service
> running in this node
> to redirect the REST request to another node automatically in
> this case?

Depending on your configuration, you may consider using one or
more of the following mechanisms:

- error_page, see http://nginx.org/r/error_page
- proxy_next_upstream, see http://nginx.org/r/proxy_next_upstream
- backup servers in an upstream blocks, see
  http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#backup

http://nginx.org/