Occasionally 500 responses

badtzhou nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Jun 1 20:31:50 UTC 2015

We were seeing occasionally 500 responses from nginx on our production
servers. There is nothing in the error log correlated to the event. Upon
turning on debugging log and TCP dump, we identified the occasionally 500
users who used IE). The error in the debug log showed as some thing like
'2015/04/20 23:37:58 [info] 17423#0: *1188530641 writev() failed(104:
Connection reset by peer)'.

Is this supposed to be a 499 error response instead of 500 error. When we
see 500 errors, we usually think there is something wrong with the server.
This is actually end user resetting the connection. Is there any plan to fix
that in the future?

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,259319,259319#msg-259319