Nginx LibreSSL and BoringSSL alternative to OpenSSL ?

George nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jun 2 04:02:09 UTC 2015

Currently on CentOS 6/7, I source compile my Nginx 1.9.x versions with
static OpenSSL 1.02a patched for chacha20_poly1305 but thinking about
switching to LibreSSL or BoringSSL (for equal preference group cipher
support).

The question I have is anyone else using Nginx with LibreSSL or BoringSSL on
CentOS/Redhat ? Any issues that needed working around or any features lost ?
e.g. BoringSSL and OSCP stapling support etc ?

Recommended steps for compilation with Nginx ?

thanks

George

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,259325,259325#msg-259325