notification on child process exit

Nelson, Erik - 2 erik.l.nelson at bankofamerica.com
Fri May 15 13:22:27 UTC 2015

I fork + exec child processes and I would like to get some kind of notification when they exit.  However, the nginx signal handler reaps my child processes and logs a message like

2015/05/14 14:12:24 [notice] 28033#0: signal 17 (SIGCHLD) received
2015/05/14 14:12:24 [notice] 28033#0: unknown process 28044 exited with code 1

Nginx knows that this process isn't one of its own children- is there some way I can either register interest in my child process, or get an event sent to me somehow on child exit?

FWIW, I'm using nginx-1.7.7 with the ngx_lua extension on an older RedHat server.

Thanks

Erik

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.