notification on child process exit

J.J J jujj603 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 06:54:18 UTC 2015

Signal handler is ngx_signal_handler which in worker process does nothing
but log exit code and release possible holded mutexes, only master process
reap child by setting ngx_reap to 1 and spawn it in ngx_reap_children if
registed in ngx_processes(worker, loader, manager)

So no, you can't, but you can implement this logic yourself.

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Nelson, Erik - 2 <
erik.l.nelson at bankofamerica.com> wrote:

> I fork + exec child processes and I would like to get some kind of
> notification when they exit.  However, the nginx signal handler reaps my
> child processes and logs a message like
>
> 2015/05/14 14:12:24 [notice] 28033#0: signal 17 (SIGCHLD) received
> 2015/05/14 14:12:24 [notice] 28033#0: unknown process 28044 exited with
> code 1
>
> Nginx knows that this process isn't one of its own children- is there some
> way I can either register interest in my child process, or get an event
> sent to me somehow on child exit?
>
> FWIW, I'm using nginx-1.7.7 with the ngx_lua extension on an older RedHat
> server.
>
> Thanks
>
> Erik

居佳佳