1.9.5 slower then 1.9.4 or 1.8.0 on static files

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Oct 1 18:19:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 10:33:41AM -0400, itpp2012 wrote:

Hi there,

> If the config hasn't changed there's only one thing you can do, build debug
> versions, enable debug logging and run Curl against a single file on both
> versions, then run a diff between the logs, or place on pastebin so we all
> can have a look.

Alternatively (addressed to the OP):

nginx -V and nginx.conf and whatever else it takes to allow someone to
reproduce your problem.

For what it's worth, when I build nginx 1.9.4 and 1.9.5 with just
--with-debug, and with the mostly-empty nginx.conf below, I see no
difference when fetching a 1kB file or a 30MB file over http.

===
events { }
http {
    server {
        listen 8195;
===

http/2 was mentioned; perhaps that is an essential component of the
difference. Or perhaps it's a different module or configuration directive.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org