cache file has too long header (bug) ?

biazus nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Sep 10 20:52:54 UTC 2015

Hi Maxim,

    Thank You for your answer. It really makes sense, however, in the
mentioned case, I could see an elevation of  the number of occurrences just
after the migration from nginx 1.6 to nginx 1.8.
    This behaviour affects < 0.2 % of our requests, but it means hundreds of
requests per hour.

    Also, I could see this implementation isn't new, therefore I believe
this behaviour maybe another change caused it to start happening.

https://github.com/nginx/nginx/commit/64a9f700929dbc8f0730be4f91cc3bbfde8fc3e6

    Regarding your comment about the race condition, most times the object
the caused the message appeared only once on the access log, so I don't
think it was caused by a concurrency.

Best Regards,
Biazus

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,261567,261569#msg-261569