cache file has too long header (bug) ?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Sep 11 14:40:27 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 04:52:54PM -0400, biazus wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
>     Thank You for your answer. It really makes sense, however, in the
> mentioned case, I could see an elevation of  the number of occurrences just
> after the migration from nginx 1.6 to nginx 1.8.
>     This behaviour affects < 0.2 % of our requests, but it means hundreds of
> requests per hour.

If this happens that often you may want to investigate further.
Please see http://wiki.nginx.org/Debugging for some basic
debugging hints.  In this particular case, it should be helpful to
see "nginx -V" output, full configuration and a debugging log that
shows how a response was placed into the cache and how it then
resulted in the message in question.

Some basic things to consider before doing anything:

- check if you are able to reproduce the problem without 3rd party
  modules/patchs;

- make sure no other programs (including other nginx instances)
  try to modify files in the cache directory;

- make sure there are no hardware (or other low-level) problems on
  the server in question.

http://nginx.org/