reverse proxy + basic authentication

derp14 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 15 13:33:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

Please excuse me if this has been asked/solved before. I've searched an
answer for some good hours but haven't found so i'm trying here.

I have a website on some different server, which does not have any
authentication. (So it loads directly the private stuff)
I have configured nginx as a reverse proxy which is pretty clear, and works
fine.

Is it possible to configure basic authentication in nginx as the only layer
of authentication, and if this is succesfull continue with the reverse proxy
role and load the website from a different server?

Thank you!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,261623,261623#msg-261623