running nginx-running and nginx concurrently

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Sep 21 10:13:18 UTC 2015

> Am 21.09.2015 um 11:49 schrieb Ekaterina Kukushkina <ek at nginx.com>:
>
> Hello Fabe,
>
> Unfortunately, you can't.
> The 'nginx-plus' is a package name not a binary/service name and your
> current 'nginx' package will be replaced with 'nginx-plus' package during
> installation.

Well, on FreeBSD, the nginx package contains just one binary: /usr/local/sbin/nginx and no libraries.

Technically, I’m pretty sure I could unpack that binary from the package and place it just about anywhere in the filesystem (and subsequently run it from there).

Of course, I never got the chance to try out nginx-plus - but I assume it’s not much different.

Though I have trouble understanding the reason behind such a request…