running nginx-running and nginx concurrently

Ekaterina Kukushkina ek at nginx.com
Mon Sep 21 11:04:39 UTC 2015

Hello Rainer,

> On 21 Sep 2015, at 13:13, Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote:
>
> Well, on FreeBSD, the nginx package contains just one binary: /usr/local/sbin/nginx and no libraries.
> Technically, I’m pretty sure I could unpack that binary from the package and place it just about anywhere in the filesystem (and subsequently run it from there).

Technically, yes.
It's possible to unpack deb, put binary, configs, etc to new hierarchy, create start-up script (or run it by hand).
But I said about whole package not binary.
Running two binary simultaneously - possible.
Thank you for clarify.

> Of course, I never got the chance to try out nginx-plus - but I assume it’s not much different.

But you can ;)

> Though I have trouble understanding the reason behind such a request…

May be current installed version was compiled with modules which aren't available for nginx-plus(-extras).

--
Ekaterina Kukushkina
Support Engineer | NGINX, Inc.