can't replicate/block portscanner

Jonathan Vanasco nginx at 2xlp.com
Sat Dec 10 00:47:30 UTC 2016

On Dec 9, 2016, at 7:09 PM, Robert Paprocki wrote:

> Should be fairly easy to do with any command to write data over the wire (nc/netcat/echo into /dev/tcp):

Thanks for all this...  I now mostly understand what was going on.

The *intent* of the nginx setup was do to the following, via 3 server blocks:

	* ip address - redirects to example.com
	* example.com - goes to appserver 1
	* failover domains - goes to appserver 2 (which requires the Host header)

I naively expected this sort of request to be processed by the first block, not the last.

Looking at the docs, it seems I just need to do an empty host block now.