nginx x-accel-redirect request method named location

hemendra26 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Dec 10 18:08:13 UTC 2016

I was using nginx  x-accel-redirect as an authentication frontend for an
external db resource.

In my python code I would do the following:

/getresource/

def view(self, req, resp):
     name = get_dbname(req.user.id)
     resp.set_header('X-Accel-Redirect', '/resource/%s/' %name )

This would forward the HTTP method as well until nginx 1.10
Since nginx 1.10 all x-accel-redirects are forwarded as GET methods.

>From this thread:
https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,271372,271380#msg-271380

I understand that the correct way to forward the HTTP method is to use named
location.
I am unable to find documentation on how this should be done.
I tried the following:

but this redirects to @resource /
I would like to redirect to @resource /name

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,271448,271448#msg-271448