Host public folder in nginx

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Dec 13 20:22:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 01:18:02PM +0500, Syed Hamid Rasool via nginx wrote:

Hi there,

> The config files are in /usr/local/nginx/conf while landing and stream
> pages are in '/usr/local/nginx/html' and '/usr/local/nginx/html/stream' and
> can be accessed via http://<IP-address> and http://<IP-address>/stream
> respectively.
>
> I want to upload some files to be accessible so I uploaded them to
> '/usr/local/nginx/html/content' directory and made changes to nginx.conf by
> adding a location block within the server block in nginx.conf with root
> pointed to 'html/content' as the first location block is set to root html;
> I have reloaded the conf but I am getting 403 Not found error.

If you look in the error log, it may show you why nginx is raising
an error.

Anyway: if you remove the extra bit you added to nginx.conf, that may
cause things to start working for you.

If you want a separate location{} for your /content urls, you should
still keep "root html" active in it -- http://nginx.org/r/root for
the documentation.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org