Does nginx have a Routing API?

zharvey nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Feb 12 19:35:03 UTC 2016

I am trying to see if nginx (OSS, not commercial) can be used not only as a
load balancer, but as a network router/switch in the event that I need to
shut my app down and redirect traffic to a CDN/static page, etc.

I was hoping to find a REST API that might allow me to configure routing
rules on the fly but alas, I see nothing.

Does nginx provide this functionality out of the box? Or can I pair it with
something that does? This would be a Java app it is balancing, and I see
there is an nginx-clojure (https://github.com/nginx-clojure/nginx-clojure)
module. So perhaps I could expose a REST endpoint through Java (running on
the nginx server) somehow...thoughts?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,264500,264500#msg-264500