Feature Request for access_log stdout;

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Thu Feb 18 14:02:53 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew.

Am 18-02-2016 10:16, schrieb Andrew Hutchings:
> On 18/02/16 08:59, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
>> Hi Aleksandar,
>>
>> On 17/02/16 19:04, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
>>> Hi.

[snipp]

>> What version of Docker are you running? If it is prior to 1.9 you are
>> likely to hit his bug: https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/6880

####
docker version
Client:
  Version:      1.8.2-el7
  API version:  1.20
  Package Version: docker-1.8.2-10.el7.x86_64
  Go version:   go1.4.2
  Git commit:   a01dc02/1.8.2
  Built:
  OS/Arch:      linux/amd64

Server:
  Version:      1.8.2-el7
  API version:  1.20
  Package Version:
  Go version:   go1.4.2
  Git commit:   a01dc02/1.8.2
  Built:
  OS/Arch:      linux/amd64
####

> Also, as Valentin mentioned. Performance of any application, not just
> NGINX, that logs a lot of data is going to be terrible when you
> actually manage to do this.

I have received some suggestions on haproxy list, which I will try.

> There are many flaws in the The Factor-Factor App document and whilst
> it may work out for you backend services I wouldn't recommend
> following it too closely for any core infrastructure.

Well I assume that this document is written for apps not core infra ;-)

BR Aleks