Transmission remote GUI proxy_protocol broken header

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Sep 21 16:54:53 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 04:05:22AM -0400, adrhc wrote:
> Hi, the log come from nginx error log. I simply start the Transmission
> remote GUI and I get only this in error log:

This looks to me that the thing that is writing to nginx, is not writing
what nginx expects to read.

What is the thing writing to nginx? (stunnel, I think)

What should it be writing? (plain http after a proxy_protocol line,
I think. How is it configured?)

What version of proxy_protocol is stunnel writing?

For the rest of the requests -- the log files should show, in order, what
requests are made and what responses are received. If there's a break,
it is probably just before the first request that is not in the logs.

> By the way, wile still transmission fails, with the same setup the web
> client https://adrhc.go.ro/transmission/ works fine. So maybe transmission
> is behaving/requesting somehow different comparing to a browser - I opened a
> token on transmission's site too.

Is "transmission" something other than a https client?

If it is trying to speak something other than http wrapped in tls,
it is unlikely that nginx will be able to process the requests.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org