Filter installation for WebSocket protocol in Nginx.

mohini nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Jul 22 15:10:02 UTC 2017

I have an working nginx module (http_content_Modify_module) that acts as a
proxy and manipulates some specific http data coming to the proxy before
sending it to the upstream server.Used nginx1.6.2 for this and was
implemented by installing filters in the "post-configuration" setup.
Now I need to move from http to websocket protocol support.
By changing the configuration file to support "Upgrade" header,
http_content_Modify_module  was able to talk to upstream webSocket server.
However I am not sure if nginx supports filter installation for websockets
like it does for http so that I can manipulate/change data coming over the
websocket
before sending it to upstream.
Pls advice.
Thanks,