request_buffering gotchas?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue May 16 17:04:23 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:49:32PM -0400, sdizazzo wrote:

Hi there,

> My client posts the
> request, and I expect nginx to begin forwarding it on to uwsgi as soon as
> data begins coming in...but...no matter what I do, uwsgi is not called until
> after the upload buffers in nginx.  The entire upload completes, and \then\
> the uwsgi call is made.

http://nginx.org/r/uwsgi_request_buffering includes the line:

"""
When HTTP/1.1 chunked transfer encoding is used to send the original
request body, the request body will be buffered regardless of the
directive value.
"""

Is that relevant in your case?

Can you show a "curl" command which makes the request?

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org