Redirect of permalinks in Wordpress.

hpernaf nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sun Oct 29 01:49:12 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

I'm using NGINX with Worpdress on my site and would like to do some 301
redirects.

My site currently has permalinks: http://site.com/2017/10/29/post-example/
and would like to switch to http://site.com/post-example/

But I already have more than 120 articles published and ranked by Google and
would not like to lose this ranking.

I would like to know how to redirect these links without having to do one by
one.

I did a search and found a website that says that you need to enter the
following lines:

 rewrite "^/([0-9]{4})/([0-9]{2})/([0-9]{2})/(.*)$" http://site.com/$4
permanent;
}

My question is: Is this code correct? Where should I enter these lines?
I tried inserting into my nginx.conf file and then tried putting it in
.htaccess. But I was not successful, because redirection is not being done
after changing the permalinks.

If anyone can help me, I will be very grateful.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,277107,277107#msg-277107