why delta only include the execution time of ngx_process_events not ngx_event_process_posted

yang chen shanchuan04 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 06:57:56 UTC 2017

hello, everyone. I have a problem when I read the nginx source code, why
delta variable only include the execution time of ngx_process_events not
ngx_event_process_posted, ngx_event_process_posted maybe  takes more time.

delta = ngx_current_msec;

(void) ngx_process_events(cycle, timer, flags);

delta = ngx_current_msec - delta;

ngx_log_debug1(NGX_LOG_DEBUG_EVENT, cycle->log, 0,
"timer delta: %M", delta);

ngx_event_process_posted(cycle, &ngx_posted_accept_events);