IPv6 does not work correctly with nginx

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 5 13:23:47 UTC 2018

Hello Francis,
The port seems open but there is no ssl transaction.When I did a simple tcpdump capture I saw syn then syn/ack, then ackThe brower displays an error that the site is not accessible.
I forgot to say that I d-natted my IPv6 and the one I displayed is not a public IP.I was wondering if nginx treats it differently

    Le vendredi 5 janvier 2018 à 12:26:20 UTC+1, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> a écrit :

 On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 01:04:52AM +0000, Mik J via nginx wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm trying to finish to configure nginx for ipv6
> listen [::]:443 ssl;doesn't workbutlisten [fc00:1:1::13]:443 ssl;works

"listen [::]:443 ssl;" seems to work for me.

What does "doesn't work" mean to you, specifically?

What does error log say?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org