Nginx Directory Autoindex

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Thu Mar 1 16:27:49 UTC 2018

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 12:16:34 +0000
Miguel C <miguelmclara at gmail.com> wrote:

> there's a default sorting option for name/data etc
> https://github.com/aperezdc/ngx-fancyindex#fancyindex-default-sort
>
> I do see a default_sort as a directive but not for "ascending" "descending"
> (doesn't since supper hard to implement in the code though, but I'm not a C
> expert....
Yes, it sould'nt be that hard... :)

> Vladimir Homutov just suggested a different approach with the autoindex
> module and xslt that seems to serve you're need, and that way there's no
> need to install a 3rd party moduel :)
I'm not comfortable with XML/XSLT, so I just made a small hack to the
original autoindex that is quite enough for me (=works and made my
users happy :).

If there is some interest I can post my patch to the apropriate list
(nginx devel, if I recall correctly :).

Cheers,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250