Aborting malicious requests

Friscia, Michael michael.friscia at yale.edu
Mon Mar 19 14:16:48 UTC 2018

Thank you Gary, I really appreciate you moving me in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone with all its odd spell checks

On Mar 19, 2018, at 9:36 AM, Gary <lists at lazygranch.com<mailto:lists at lazygranch.com>> wrote:

Your basic idea is right, but what you want to do is use a "map." I will follow up with more details when I can pull the code off my server.

I 444 a number of services that I don't use. I have a script to find the IP addresses of those that trigger a 444 from access.log. If they come from a data center, hosting service, etc., they get on a blocking list for  my firewall. I block the entire IP space.