Please DO NOT add [nginx] to subject

Ralph Seichter m16+nginx at monksofcool.net
Mon Oct 15 13:48:34 UTC 2018

On 15.10.18 15:32, Stefan Müller wrote:

> I read up on email extension [...]

Thanks, I appreciate that.

> I still believe that a adding [nginx] would make the situation more
> comfortable.

And I firmly believe the disadvantages of subject rewriting outweigh the
percieved "comfort", based on providing email related services for more
than 30 years (and counting).

> when I open my email application on a phone or desktop occasionally
> throughout the day I want to see what I've got today at a glance
> without the need clicking / tabbing into sub folders.

Yeah, I got that, but I personally don't consider you not wanting to
perform an extra click a valid reason at all. I am not trying to be
dismissive in any way, I simply don't care.

All you need to organise your mailing list subscriptions is already
available. It is *your* problem, not anybody else's, to make use of
that data/process.

-Ralph