Avoiding Nginx restart when rsyncing cache across machines

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Sep 13 10:47:53 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 12:41:15PM -0700, Quintin Par wrote:

> Not to sounds demanding, but do you have any examples (code) of proxy_store
> bring used as a CDN. What’s most important to me in the initial cache
> warming. I should be able to start a new machine with 30 GB of cache vs. a
> cold start.

Simple examples of using proxy_store can be found in the
documentation, see here:

http://nginx.org/r/proxy_store

It usually works well when you need to mirror static files which
are never changed.  Note though that if you need to implement cache
experiation, or need to preserve custom response headers, this
might be a challenge.

http://mdounin.ru/