Mailman is giving me 554 5.7.1 because of using Mail-Relay

OiledAmoeba nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Apr 27 22:03:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have to use a Mail-Relay because of the fact that my Mailserver ist behind
a dynamic-IP-address. I registered myself to this mailinglist by mail.
But every mail I'm writing to nginx at nginx.org is bounced with 554 5.7.1
because of the fact that relaying is changing the envelope-from header.
I think the mailinglist-settings are too restrictive.
Admin: Any chance to change that?

Example from today:
> Reporting-MTA: smtp; s1-b0c7.socketlabs.email-od.com
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 <nginx at nginx.org>: Recipient address
rejected: envelope-sender address is not listed as subscribed for the
mailing list. You are either not subscribed or From: address differ from
envelope address
> Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 17:23:43 -0400

Send from forum at ruhnke.cloud relayed via socketlabs. The Relay changed the
envelope-from to Return-Path <mail-id>@bounce.ruhnke.cloud to control
bounces.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,283961,283961#msg-283961