HTTP 1.0

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Feb 12 19:37:25 UTC 2019

Hello!

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 11:03:08AM -0600, Dusty Campbell wrote:

> Is there a way to force HTTP 1.0 for a location?
>
> I need to proxy a feature that depends on HTTP 1.0, not just between Nginx
> and the backend server, but also between the client and Nginx.

There is no way to force HTTP/1.0.  You can, however, disable
various HTTP/1.1-specific mechanisms, including keepalive and
chunked transfer encoding, see here:

http://nginx.org/r/keepalive_timeout
http://nginx.org/r/chunked_transfer_encoding

And this is what actually happens when nginx talks to a HTTP/1.0
client.  Depending on what you are trying achieve, some of the
options might help.

Note though, that if "a feature depends on HTTP 1.0", this likely
means that it is something that actually breaks the protocol,
including HTTP/1.0 protocol.  And it might not work at all,
regardless of settings and protocols used, or may require various
non-standard quirks.  You may want to be more specific on what you
are trying to do.

http://mdounin.ru/