Sporadic long response times with upstream server

Igor A. Ippolitov iippolitov at nginx.com
Thu Feb 21 10:05:01 UTC 2019

Assume, you have a really slow client.
Nginx will get upstream response in milliseconds and will start feeding
data to a client
In 3 seconds nginx completed the transfer and issues a log entry.
And you see what you see.

If this issue involves a single client - most likely it's a client issue
(possibly even a subnet issue)
If suddenly a whole bunch of different requests start getting long
request time - check your network load and connectivity