njs question

Dmitry Volyntsev xeioex at nginx.com
Tue Feb 26 16:53:02 UTC 2019

On 26.02.2019 9:24, 董婉君 wrote:
> hello!
> Hello! I would like to ask some questions about the development of NJS.

Hi 董婉君

> First: when will NJS improve the ES6 standard?

According to http://nginx.org/en/docs/njs/index.html we plan to extend
coverage of ES6 and later specifications. This is ongoing process. You
can see what is currently under development here:
https://github.com/nginx/njs

> Second: can NJS be made into nodejs similar to nodejs?
> Can import third-party js files through "require" script.

No, require() in njs works only with built-in modules.
But we plan to support loading external files using ES6 import statements.

> Thus realize the transformation from js to AST;
> Third: we want to add js to AST and AST to js functions in NJS. Do you
> have any good plans and Suggestions?

I am sorry, I didn't get it. Can you elaborate?