OWIN Server Error

Peter Booth peter_booth at me.com
Mon Jan 21 17:05:26 UTC 2019

Petrosetta,

Question is your nginx server running on the same host as your owin / IIS server?
With OWIN / IIS listening only on port 80 and nginx only on port 443?
And both listening on the physical NIC (not localhost) and no firewall?

It looks as though you are wanting to do SSL termination and HTTP/2 with nginx
and proxy everything to OWIN/IIS - is that correct?

If it were me, I’d try to bisect the problem:

1. first repeat the test request (ideally with curl ) as an HTTP 1.1 request
2. If that didn’t work, configure a second VirtualHost in nginx on port 8080 that has no SSL and request that with curl

Also, your config suggests that your web server might be internet visible.
If It is, I would suggest that you try access these test URLs, and also directly
accessing your IIS using the redbot.org HTTP validator.

Good luck,

Peter