Do nginx 1.14 and 1.17 have compatible configuration file formats?

Jeff Dyke jeff.dyke at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 00:54:35 UTC 2019

As an old dog in this world, i don't think you should ever take release
notes over config tests and further web tests (siege, wrk, ab). Nginx has
become such a versatile server starting with web and any proxy , then with
openresty and unit etc ...how can you provide proof of an upgrade path.
This is work that only you can finish.  FWIW, i have only had to change my
conf files for my benefit over the 1.14 to 1.17, but if you don't do this
yourself, you need to ask yourself why and how you can that is correct for
your environment.

Best
Jeff