PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR after kernel update

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Oct 6 11:21:22 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 10:09:28PM -0400, Ken Wright wrote:
> On 10/4/19 10:19 AM, J. Lewis Muir wrote:

Hi there,

> > Can you check your nginx server logs?
> My nginx error.log is ten thousand lines of:
>
> 2019/10/05 21:54:08 [error] 2034#2034: *8497989 no "ssl_certificate" is
> defined in server listening on SSL port while SSL handshaking, client:
> 192.168.44.1, server: 0.0.0.0:443

That looks like a fairly clear set of words for an error message.

>From your configuration, can you see why nginx thinks that your server{}
that does listen on port 443 for SSL does not have a "ssl_certificate"
directive?

Possibilities include:

* there is one such server{}, and it has no "ssl_certificate" line.

* there is one such server{}, and it has a "ssl_certificate" line, but
it is commented out; or perhaps the previous line is like "server_name"
and does not end in a semi-colon;

* there is more than one such server, and the one that you think you
have told nginx to use is not the one that you actually told nginx to use.

Something like the output of

  nginx -T | grep -E -n 'configuration|server|listen|ssl'

might show what relevant configuration your nginx is reading, and might
help show what should be changed in order to make things work.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org