SSI configulations issues

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Apr 17 14:21:22 UTC 2021

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 10:32:21PM +0900, tommys_project at yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> > 2021年4月17日(土) 18:27 Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org>:
> > On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 01:40:26PM +0900, tommys_project at yahoo.co.jp wrote:

Hi there,

> > > I work on configuring for ssi on my environments but got errors like this once I check test.html with the following configulations:
> > >
> > > Updated on: (none) [an error occurred while processing the directive]
>> > https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_ssi_module.html
>> > "(none)" is because nginx-ssi does not set LAST_MODIFIED.
>> > "[an error occurred" is because nginx-ssi does not do "#exec".
>
> I should install ngx_http_ssi_module?
> I was not able to install ngx_http_ssi_module because it looks there is not option for installing ssi modules like --with-http_ssi_module at compiling nginx.

The module is installed and working. You would get a different error
message if it were not.

(You would have to add --without-http_ssi_module at configure/compile
time to remove it.)

> "ssi_last_modified on" is written at location but is it not enough?

That works, but does not do what you want. It does not make the
apache-like LAST_MODIFIED variable have the value you want.

> LAST_MODIFIED is displayed at my environments without issues once I changed LAST_MODIFIED to DATE_GMT as that website says!

I think DATE_GMT shows "now", not anything to do with a modified
timestamp.

> However looks #exec I need is not supported...
>
> Only some ssi commands for apache are available on nginx for now?

Correct.

"""Currently, the list of supported SSI commands is incomplete."""

I think it will not change, until someone is inspired to write the code.

If you need "full" ssi, you probably need something other than nginx.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org