SSI configulations issues

tommys_project at yahoo.co.jp tommys_project at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Apr 17 13:32:21 UTC 2021

Hi Francis,

Thank you for the information.

> 2021年4月17日(土) 18:27 Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org>:
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 01:40:26PM +0900, tommys_project at yahoo.co.jp wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> > I work on configuring for ssi on my environments but got errors like this once I check test.html with the following configulations:
>> > Updated on: (none) [an error occurred while processing the directive]
>
> https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_ssi_module.html
>
> "(none)" is because nginx-ssi does not set LAST_MODIFIED.
>
> "[an error occurred" is because nginx-ssi does not do "#exec".

I should install ngx_http_ssi_module?
I was not able to install ngx_http_ssi_module because it looks there is not option for installing ssi modules like --with-http_ssi_module at compiling nginx.
"ssi_last_modified on" is written at location but is it not enough?

> One web site with useful-looking information is
> https://www.gilesorr.com/blog/nginx-ssi.html and links from there.
>
> That describes what one old version of nginx was seen to do, and describes some manual workarounds that mattered to the author.
>
> They may or may not apply in your case.
>
> Possibly the things that you want, can't be done in stock
> nginx-ssi. Possibly they can be done with an additional tool, or an
> alternate tool.

LAST_MODIFIED is displayed at my environments without issues once I changed LAST_MODIFIED to DATE_GMT as that website says!
However looks #exec I need is not supported...

Only some ssi commands for apache are available on nginx for now?

Regards,
Yusui