About the native rtmps protocol support in nginx.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:08:23 UTC 2021

Currently, on Ubuntu20.10, I've compiled the latest git master version
of FFmpeg with the native TLS/SSL support through the following
configuration option:

$ ./configure --enable-openssl

$ ffmpeg -protocols |& egrep -i 'in|out|rtmps'
Input:
  rtmps
Output:
  rtmps

At this moment, I want to use Nginx as the media streaming server for
rtmps protocol, and I've noticed that the capability of rtmp protocol
support in nginx is enabled by this module:
<https://github.com/arut/nginx-rtmp-module>.

But I'm not sure whether the module mentioned above has the native
rtmps protocol support capability. Any hints will be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
--
Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>