Reverse proxy for tcp stream

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Fri Oct 8 12:24:44 UTC 2021

> I have found for these situation , and tried proxy_bind transparency.
> But, the socket server never get connection request.
> From proxy server , timed out logs are coming.
> How can socket server behind proxy get real client ip address?

There are more steps/things you have to do to make ip transparency) work than just to enable it in nginx config - as in you have to change firewall (iptables) and routing. More detailed here: https://www.nginx.com/blog/ip-transparency-direct-server-return-nginx-plus-transparent-proxy/#ip-transparency

It's more complicated than with the simple http/header approach.

Wbr
rr