compiling nchan from source

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Sat May 21 03:37:36 UTC 2022

Hi Ian,

hope you're doing well.

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 09:53:05AM +0700, Ian Hobson wrote:

> I compile nginx from source. When I use nchan-1.2.12 everything compiles
> clean.
> However I tried to upgrade to nchan-1.2.15 and I get a compilation error.
> Google told me the same error was reported back in February.

nchan-1.2.15 builds well as a part of the FreeBSD www/nginx-devel port,
and that's what I'd recommed to use.

[...]

> Could it be the version of gcc OR is it conflicting with openssl3.0.3,
> pcre-8.45, or zlib-1.2.12?

The issue is probably related to the OpenSSL version 3, so in case it's
possible I'd recommend to avoid of usage of that version at the moment.
Another options are:
o) refresh C knowledge and patch the third-party module
o) wait until the vendor or a contributor provides a compatible version

> Is it possible to use a pre-compiled version, and link dynamically?

I'd recommend to contact to the vendor to ask about the build requirements
of the third-party module.

Thank you.

--
Sergey A. Osokin