nginx returns html instead of json response

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:15:20 UTC 2022

Hi,

Checking in again if someone can help me with my earlier post to this
mailing list?

I have a follow up question, when the user invokes ->
http://mydomain.com/apis <http://mydomain.com/api/v1/*>  -> Nginx Webserver
-> Drupal 9 Core CMS -> PHP-FPM backend server.

Nginx should present the below info on 500 ISE error conditions for /apis
and /apis/* The below message sends back the response to Nginx web server
to render it to the client browser instead of the /error-500.html file
contents.

                  "type" => "/problems/API-saving-error",
                  "title" => $this->t("Issue occured while saving the
API."),
                  "detail" => $this->t("There are some wrong inputs passed
to DB which caused this issue."),

I have the below settings in nginx conf file

             error_page 500 /error-500.html;
             location = /error-500.html {
             root
/var/www/html/gsmamarketplace/web/servererrorpages/error-pages-500-503/html;
             }

            error_page   503 /error-503.html;
            location = /error-503.html {
            root
 /var/www/html/gsmamarketplace/web/servererrorpages/error-pages-500-503/html;
            }

I am trying to set the below location and try_files directive block in
nginx.conf file
     location /apis {
            try_files $uri $uri/ /path/to/api/handler; (This part is not
clear with me)
            }

to send back the below response to the client browser instead of rendering
the /error-500.html file contents.

                  "type" => "/problems/API-saving-error",
                  "title" => $this->t("Issue occured while saving the
API."),
                  "detail" => $this->t("There are some wrong inputs passed
to DB which caused this issue."),

Please guide me. Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Kaushal