TLS record lost -- AapacheBenchmark-session is not closed

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Mon Nov 14 14:48:12 UTC 2022

Hi,

hope you're doing well.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 07:53:13AM -0500, ymarkman wrote:
> Using NGINX-1.21.6 as TLS test-server  with remote Apache-Benchmark(AB)
> test-client
> Both Server and Client are on Ubuntu20.04

I'd recommend to use recent stable version 1.22.1 or, in case it's preffered
to use mainline - 1.23.2.  The packages are availble on site,
https://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html#Ubuntu

> For >6 workers on NGINX and >16 concurrent sessions AB sessions (ab -n400
> -c32 https://)
> a couple of test-sessions are not closed and AB reports timeout for them.
> TCPDUMP analizys discover the a TLS-Record is lost == Not Sent by NGINX (or
> NET-stack) towatd OpenSSL and out to NET-dev.

Have you had a chance to observe the nginx's error log file?
Is there any other places of interest in /var/log?

Thank you.

--
Sergey A. Osokin