NGINX 1.21.x EOL?

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Tue Oct 18 15:16:24 UTC 2022

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 10:58:27AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> On 2022-10-18 10:26, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > nginx 1.21.6 is available for download, [1], here's the direct link, [2].
> >
> >> Is it already End Of Life?
> >
> > Yes, it is, please welcome to 1.23.x series.
>
> Interesting.  All the servers that I run in production are either Ubuntu
> 22.04LTS or Debian bullseye (both are latest stable releases) and I find
> that they are still at 1.18.0-6ubuntu14.1 or 1.18.0-6.1+deb11u2
>
> Now I fully recognize that package managers are a tad conservative, and
> that both Debian and Ubuntu try and stay on top of security patches, but
> "end of life" sounds a bit scary ;=}

I can add that official packages for the recent mainline and stable
releases are available for a list of platforms on the following
page, [1].  In case of an additional interest how those pacakges have
been built, please visit [2].

Referencens
1. https://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html
2. https://hg.nginx.org/pkg-oss/file/tip