FAQ Suggestions

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Feb 19 13:37:03 UTC 2023

On Sat, Feb 18, 2023 at 05:27:45PM -0800, Ivo Welch wrote:

Hi there,

> 1. is this mailing list the correct place to suggest additions to the FAQ?

It's as good a place as any, yes.

> 2. why does
>
> ```
> location /wth {
>    root /var/www/fcgi-bin/;
>    index wth-root.html;
>  }
> ```
>
> not resolve '/wth' (but incidentally does resolve '/wth-root.html',
> though not '/wth-root').

What test makes you believe that "location /wth" does not resolve the
request "/wth", in your config?

> I have been scratching my head about this for the longest time.

What other location{}s are in this config, which you might have told
nginx to use instead of this one?

Can you show one example config that shows the problem?

For example, if I use:

```
server {
        listen 10080;
        root /tmp/r;
        location /wth {
                root /tmp/w;
                index w.html;
```

then "curl http://localhost:10080/wth" redirects me to
http://localhost:10080/wth/; and "curl http://localhost:10080/wth/"
gets me the content of /tmp/w/wth/w.html.

Do you see or expect something different?

Thanks,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org