FAQ Suggestions

nanaya me at nanaya.net
Mon Feb 20 07:09:58 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023, at 10:51, Ivo Welch wrote:
> please ignore previous email.  nanaya has an explanation that I need
> to explore.  I think this would make a great example for an FAQ...

As explained by Francis, I forgot to mention the part that "root /tmp/w" in a "location /wth" means accessing /tmp/w/wth for /wth and if it's a directory - as it would usually be - it'll return redirect to /wth/ which will then check /tmp/w/wth/ for the index file.

If you want /wth/a.html to return content of /tmp/w/a.html instead of /tmp/w/wth/a.html, use alias instead of root (although there may be other complications when combined with fastcgi for example).