How to compile Nginx with zlib-ng

Lance Dockins lance at wordkeeper.com
Thu Mar 23 03:16:03 UTC 2023

Thank you, Richard.  I’ll give that a shot.   I already have to do that sort of patching with a variety of other things in the build that I use so that particular adjustment isn’t too bad.

Just for clarity, are you saying that the hash sizes within zlib-ng have increased since Maxim’s last patch for that to accommodate zlib-ng?  That patch was back in 2021 and is part of Nginx core now.
https://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2021-April/013945.html

I think it’s coded to use a 128k hash per that patch.  If the hash size has increased again since that patch, that might justify a bug report to Nginx devel.  Since the code in that patch specifically relates to that error, I thought I’d ask in case you have still been seeing that error with newer Nginx versions that have come out since that patch was implemented.

--
Lance