Reverse proxy to forward proxy to internet access

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun May 28 11:56:24 UTC 2023

On Sat, May 27, 2023 at 10:42:01AM -0400, Saint Michael wrote:

Hi there,

> Please look at the links.
> All those links are a live digital tunnel to each website.

Yes; it looks like you are making "normal" use of nginx's proxy_pass
directive, to provide indirect access for clients, to some content on the
web that you have access to, that someone on either the upstream-server
or client-network side had attempted to block direct access to.

That looks like a convenient service for a client who wants to avoid
those attempted blocks.

I'm just not sure how what you wrote relates to what the original poster
asked, or to anything else in the thread.

And your original mail that I responded to, could just as well have
been written in response to pretty much any message on the mailing list,
and it would have had the same looks-like-spam appearance.

For your follow-up questions about your service: I would have imagined
that there would be a bigger readership for a new thread, rather than
hiding things in an unrelated thread; but whatever works for you is good.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org