Preventing the build from adding options like '-pipe' et al

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Mon Oct 28 17:41:48 UTC 2019

* Ralph Seichter:

> Unless better methods are available, we usually patch autotools files
> which don't comply with Gentoo's rules.

You asked me about the NGINX build. The current ebuild's src_prepare()
function[1] exemplifies how patches are applied and how sed is used to
replace 'make' with '$(MAKE)', update the installation configuration,
etc.

I'd rather avoid doing things that way, because I would have to revisit
it with every Unit release to check if it still works. Hence my hope
that you can add a '--cc-and-ld-flags-are-immutable' option or something
similar. ;-)

-Ralph