Preventing the build from adding options like '-pipe' et al

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Thu Oct 31 15:10:27 UTC 2019

* Valentin V. Bartenev:

> It seems that someone sees his mission in checking various software
> for -g and -pipe flags added. Sorry, but it doesn't really a valuable
> reason to change things.

Like I said, I understand your position. I have not heard from Gentoo QA
in this matter since I last asked, so I decided to patch Unit's auto/*
files.

Something that is also relevant but probably less controversial: The
build currently does not honor variables $(AR) or $(MAKE), but commands
like uses definitions like

  NXT_STATIC_LINK="ar -r -c"

instead. Would you consider adding support for these variables, like you
already do for CC or CFLAGS?

-Ralph